My client is looking for a Waste Engineer for their Radiological Waste Management team on a contract basis.
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies, developing submittals, and providing proposal text, diagrams, case studies, etc
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies
- Develop and implement characterisation strategies
- Produce sampling and analysis plans
- Assess analytical results
- Derive radionuclide Fingerprints
- Waste Sentencing
- Produce BAT assessments
- Provide input into the development of monitoring procedures to support characterisation and waste sentencing
- Produce waste management documentation
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies.
- Support other team members, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Use knowledge and experience to influence and improve project delivery.
- To assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Be customer focused, client liaison and communication.
- Work with projects and clients to help solve complex and challenging problems
- Liaise with Project Managers to deliver projects.
- Practical Radiological Waste Management experience in the nuclear industry.
- An understanding of Radiological Protection requirements.
- An understanding of waste routing and acceptance criteria / conditions for acceptance for these routes (VLLW, Combustible, Metallic Waste Treatment, LLW, ILW and PCM).
- An understanding of waste packages available in the industry.
- Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams.
- Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally.