We're working with a global consultancy looking to grow their specialist waste capabilities here in Cumbria. We're looking for dedicated Waste Engineers from Assistant to Senior, looking to develop their career within the ever complex nuclear industry.
- Provide support to senior staff on areas of Radiological Protection and Rad Waste Management in the following areas:-
- ALARP Assessments and Studies
- HAZOP/radiological hazard identification
- Dose estimation and management
- Risk Assessment and contingency arrangements
- Waste Management, Characterisation/sampling plans and analysis
- Dosimetry requirements and arrangements
- Safety case support
- Fault dose calculations
- Inactive trials and dose optimisation of tasks
- Specifying ALARP measures – including physical and managerial controls
- Shielding calculations
- Instrument selection, advice on maintenance and calibration requirements
- Briefings and coms on RP requirements and arrangements
- Analysis of radiological data – surveys, analysis results, fingerprints
- Post work reviews/lessons learned
- Other areas of RP and Waste Managements as requested RP input on design development – concept through to detailed.
- Safety Leadership
- Support other team members, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Use knowledge and experience to influence and improve project delivery.
- To assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Be customer focused, client liaison and communication.
- Work with projects and clients to help solve complex and challenging problems
- Liaise with Project Managers to deliver projects.
- Based in the Cumbria (Whitehaven) office.
- Practical Radiological Protection experience in the nuclear industry.
- An understanding of Rad Waste Requirements.
- Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams.
- Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally.
Excellent packages on offer, competitive salaries, generous annual leave and ability to purchase further days.