The Training Developer analyses, designs and develops appropriate training solutions which may be classroom, lab, on-the-job (OJT), etc. to be delivered by the Training Instructor to improve the skills and knowledge of employees.
As a Training Developer, you will:
• Work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify and analyse training requirements
• Design and develop appropriate training and assessment material, including classroom based, virtual learning and On The Job (OTJ) training
• Perform training program self-assessments within the Directorate and define proposed corrective actions for identified issues
You will have:
• Demonstrable experiencing designing and delivering training materials and an understanding of how quality training helps the business achieve its wider objectives
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to facilitate groups of individuals including SMEs
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
It would be advantageous for you to have:
• Previous experience in a similar Training Developer role
• An education background (previous experience teaching, for example)
Performs analysis, design and development of training and assessment materials. This will include a range of different products, classroom, on the-job (OJT) training, WBT/CBT etc.
• Carry out Job/Task/Analysis (JTA)
• Determine the most effective training method (e.g., WBT/CBT, classroom, lab, OJT).
• Implement sound instructional design and development techniques, using analysis results.
• Develops applicable and meaningful objectives that identify the knowledge and skills that
are needed by the trainee.
• Develop training material that supports the objectives and is developed to support multiple
• Determine the best training and student evaluation methodology for the training need (i.e.,
required reading versus classroom versus OJT versus computer-based training).
• Perform training program self-assessments within the Directorate and define proposed
corrective actions for identified issues.
• Understanding of training procedures, polices and the application of these
• Ability to understand how training supports the Business
• Ability to take part in planning, scheduling and reporting progress against work schedules that are aligned to business needs
• Excellent communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels of the Business
• Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others to enable delivery of work
• Ability to facilitate groups of individuals including Subject Matter Experts (SME)
• Demonstrable application of the MS Office Suite
• Knowledge Vision Software
• Application of the SAT process
• Delivery of Training Material