Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an sub project manager/project manager to be engaged on a permanent basis in West Cumbria.
The role holder is responsible for the day to day management of the project within agreed tolerances and controls agreed with the CIP Programme Manager. The role holder will support the Senior Project Manager with planning and forecasting expenditure and assessing impacts on the project budget during the construction phase of the project.
The role holder will functionally manage a project team of Project Support and Administrative staff which may include a combination of Full-time/Fixed term, external contractors and individuals/teams temporally assigned to their projects. The role holder will be responsible for ensuring they are compliant with all relevant Corporate, Capability Division and HR policies.
• Accountable to the Senior Project Manager, Programme Manager and SRO.
• Act as primary liaison between project and construction delivery team to coordinate the flow of communication; technical queries; requests for information; clarification of requirements and design change processes
• Provide Quality Planning expertise to support in the capturing of operational and functional requirements, providing professional input to the development of detailed design and relevant product specifications
• Coordinate assurance activities using appropriate quality review techniques to ensure that the design brief is in line with requirements and that the design continues to be delivered ‘on specification’, this includes liaising and coordinating activity undertaken by third party advisors and maintaining accurate assurance records throughout
• Implement quality change control processes and best practices to formally manage any proposed changes to design, preserving operational requirements from adverse impact of value engineering or material changes to scope; maintaining relevant audit trails of correspondence and accurate records of design changes
• Control and coordinate project deliverables and workstreams, working with assigned project resources and workstream lead to identify scope, monitoring progress and applying quality management processes.
• Maintain project control documentation including project RAID logs, Project Plans and progress reports; escalating risks, issues and exceptions to the Senior Project Manager See CIP Organisation structure.
• Direct support to the CIP Programme Manager/Senior Project Manager.
• Work in partnership with other (Senior) Project Managers and SROs, Business Change Managers, Project Managers and Project Executives.
• Stakeholder Liaison and Corporate Communication Teams.
• Point of contact for external project delivery teams within wider client team
• Formal project management experience and accreditation (e.g. MAPM, PMI, PRINCE 2 Practitioner) with at least 5 years. delivery experience covering the project lifecycle.
• Strong technical & construction expertise inclusive of Mechanical, electrical and instrumentation
• Knowledge of NEC3/NEC4 practices
• Proven experience in Quality Management and formal change control processes
• Ability to lead and effectively manage project teams. • Well-developed liaison, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
• Professional presentational skills both written and verbal; presentation and briefing up to Executive / Board level.
• Must be able to work autonomously to high standards and deadlines.