My Client is in a position where they need to grow their team to enhance their capability and strengthen their service offering. As such they are recruiting a Senior/Principal HV Plant Engineer to join the Electrical Engineering team.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the energy sector, to deliver outstanding projects and be part of the solution to delivering Net Zero.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role.
What you’ll be doing:
Your work will largely be spread across 3 activities:
1) Delivering Work: Using your past experience and knowledge, you will be leading the delivery of a variety of projects drawing upon the wider team for the technical engineering requirements and building a strong relationship with our clients. You will be client-facing, responsible for the delivery of our work and making sure it meets our clients expectations.
2) Mentoring and Development: You will provide support and advice to members the team, this may also include line management responsibilities.
3) Business Growth and Development: You will actively identify and capture internal and external opportunities and be leading / providing a significant contribution to our business development cycle by leading new opportunities through bidding and tendering. It would be desirable to have direct contacts with clients.
You’ll need to have:
Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience
Chartered Engineer through the IET or in a path to get it.
- Valid TP141 Plant Authorisation.
- Experience in the last 3 years on NGET projects.
- Experience in feed and detail design works including the HV plant including HV layouts, earthing design and reports, mechanical interlocking, HV busbar calculations and technical specification for the HV plant equipment.
- Ability to attend and chair the design review and Hazard review meetings and reviewing HV plant design packages as required.
- Attending site visits, FAT and SAT as required.
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Customer focused when dealing with customers, identifying their needs along with business development skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Experience in coaching and developing junior engineers.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
HVDC design experience.
HV cable and OHL design experience.