My client is seeking a Senior/Principle Engineer within their Electrical Networks part of the business.
I am looking for people who have relevant experience of working in the transmission and distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be working across the transmission, distribution and infrastructure sectors, with work typically being across HV FEED, HV Design, techno-economic studies, project management and Regulatory and Advisory.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience
Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership with the IET
- Holder of at least one National Grid Authorisation, TP141 Protection and Control and / or Relay Settings (ideally both).
- Experience as Commissioning engineer.
- Experience of undertaking protection and control design related activities for National Grid in the last 3 years.
- Experience in Busbar, Feeder, Transformer, Reactor, Circuit Breaker fail, DAR protections and SCADA interface is essential, HVDC protection systems is desirable.
- Ability to perform and review engineering calculations / studies (e.g. fault calculations, relay settings, voltage drop, cable sizing) and prepare system protection requirements design basis.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram, Key Line Drawings (SLD, KLD) and Protection drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Provide engineering support and solve queries during construction, testing and commissioning, attend site meetings and inspections.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites when required.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Proven technical experience in concept to detailed power system protection design and application.
- Experience of computer-based power system studies packages e.g. DigSilent, Eracs, PSSE is an advantage.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
- Experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a utility, consultancy or contractors environment.