Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an experienced cost engineer to be engaged on a permanent basis in Whitehaven, Cumbria.
Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls, the successful candidate will be required to perform cost analysis, cost management and cost control activities.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are keen to cement our existing expertise in delivering projects to our key clients and driving the growth of our business in this sector
• Application of project controls processes and systems utilization
• Project set up, close out and reconciliations.
• Ensuring correct cost allocation
• Project cost forecasting
• Revenue and gross margin monitoring
• Ensuring corporate systems are up to date and an accurate reflection of the project
• Monitoring of aged debt
• Project Financial Reviews
• Preparation of Client specific monthly reports
• Contribute to progress meetings, as required, in support of the Project Manager.
• Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
• Earned value analysis
• Monitoring key performance indicators as necessary
• Risk & opportunity management relative to the cost engineering role
• Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle.
• Degree qualified.
• Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical), Science, Mathematics Project/Business Management/ Accounts/Risk Management background.
• Understanding of the UK Nuclear Power & Defence industries; including Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental factors.
Why We’re Different:
Westlakes Recruit are a people solutions business that understands the complexities of nuclear and the importance of our clients’ mission critical objectives.
Smarter, faster, more agile – we have a laser focus on nuclear, with deep sectoral knowledge. We develop nuclear talent pools before you know you need them!
We do Nuclear. We only do Nuclear. We do all of Nuclear.
Powering a Diverse Nuclear Future:
As an equal opportunities business, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.