My client is looking for a SACM Manager. This role will ultimately transition from a single source supplier to a SIAM model and will be heavily engaged in the transition to that model as well as playing a role within the SIAM going forward to provide governance over Asset Management and Configuration Management.
The role will operate in tandem with a Service Improvement Plan (SIP) to bring SACM to an acceptable standard including additions and enhancements.
The SACM role will fall under BAU, SIP and Project activity which will include:
• Working with IT Service Provider(s) to fulfil the contractual requirements of ITAM
• Governance over ITAM policies, procedures, processes, reporting and assurance
• Governance over CMDB completeness and accuracy, working alongside a SACM Analyst who will provide support directly to the SACM Manager for reporting and data analysis requirements
• Addition of Device Classes, as identified which do not currently reside in the CMDB
• Management and implementation of a CMDB Attribute Data Model
• Establishment of and co-ordination of CI relationship mapping activities to build core strategic configuration management requirements into the toolset to enhance records, support other ITIL processes and enable sound decision-making
• Transition to a SIAM model including implementation of asset records into a new ISO owned and managed ITSM toolset which will host the CMDB
In addition to driving and governing the improvement of standards, the role involves specialist analysis capability using ITSM toolset reporting, MS Excel and advanced data analysis of multiple data sets and presentation of conclusions,
findings and recommendations to improve the quality of service. The job holder will be required to interact extensively with internal and external teams and stakeholders as well as work closely with the ISO Service Asset & Config Team Lead.
The scope also includes direct liaison with the ISO /IT Service Provider team to complete delivery of the Windows 10 upgrade where the quality of information is critical to success as is the assurance that assets records are thoroughly maintained and updated to an expected standard throughout.
This scope of work is considered critical to the capability of ISO Service Management to govern the delivery of hardware asset management as part of an ITIL compliant CMS.
The role has been created as part of the IT Service Management Strategy which sets out the vision of “establishing and maintaining an accurate and complete repository of asset configuration attributes, baselines and comparing them against actual asset configuration” and a current Objective of “Establish collaborative rigorous configuration management processes to establish single source of truth to enable improvements in network security patching”.
• Ensuring the Service Provider’s adhere to all policies and processes relating to SACM
• Input into SACM policy and process definition where required
• Ensure SACM policies and processes are clearly understood by the Service Providers and the wider ISO organisation
• Ensure the Service Provider maintains the Configuration Management System (CMS) with appropriate information relating to all assets in scope
• Perform regular review and suggest improvement to all aspects of SACM deliverables and reporting provided by the Service Providers
• Perform regular anomaly and exception reporting, and escalate where necessary to the Service Assets & Config Team Lead
• Validate periodically the CMS data completeness, accuracy and coordinate investigation with the Service Providers
• Produce and manage SACM Service Improvement Plan related actions to be completed by ISO and the IT Service Provider
• Co-ordinate actions to the ISO SACM Analyst who supports the job holder
• Work with the IT Service Provider and Service Management teams to develop relationships between CIs to enhance the CMS to core requirements to then build upon
• Provide support and specialist SACM knowledge to help with strategic decisions during exit transition phases
• Participation in internal and external audit activity
• Contribute to the Continuous Service Improvement process as appropriate