Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an experienced quantity surveyor to be engaged on a permanent basis in Cumbria.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Include, but not limited to the following:
• Work with the Commercial Manager in ensuring consistency and best practice ways of working across the business unit to achieve continuous improvement.
• Coach respective Operational personnel in relation to the Contract, Contract Administration, Contract Risk, Procurement, Forecasting and Contract Profitability.
• Review, understand and communicate Contract requirements to the Delivery Team.
• Work with the Project Controls Manager in the production of the monthly project cost reports.
• Ensure effective change control process and management of, is embedded within the relevant projects you are responsible for.
• Ensure Sub-Contract arrangements are put in place when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents.
• Ensure correct administrative processes are put in place for management of these Sub-Contracts paying attention to change controls, early warning, compensation events, changes to scope of works and payment.
• Support the Project Manager in resolving commercial issues with the Client and implement strategies to avoid litigation/claims.
• Proactively support the Business Project Review Process.
• Submit cost reports for review by the Commercial Manager, to enable the utilisation of the data for cost forecasts, revenue and gross margin assumptions/submissions.
• Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account including close liaison with procurement, planning and delivery teams to ensure that the order meets project requirements.
• Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
• Maintain registers of variations, delay, extension of time, early warnings and claims
• Collaboration with Business Development and Operations in developing value propositions that enhance our customers’ competitive position.
• Work with project teams to develop innovative solutions, that respond to client challenges.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree educated in Commercial management or other relevant qualification.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Working knowledge of the NEC forms of contract
• Pre and post contract knowledge.
• Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, contract documentation preparation, contract administration.
• Exceptional commercial awareness.
• Security Cleared or the ability to obtain the required level of clearance
• Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to communicate confidently
• Hands on with a can-do attitude
• Excellent work ethic
• Ability to work autonomously
• Flexible with working hours
For more information on this role or to register your interest for
future job updates, please visit www.westlakesrecruit.co.uk
Why We’re Different:
Westlakes Recruit are a people solutions business that understands
the complexities of nuclear and the importance of our clients’ mission
Smarter, faster, more agile – we have a laser focus
on nuclear, with deep sectoral knowledge. We develop nuclear talent pools
before you know you need them!
We do Nuclear. We only do Nuclear. We do all of
Powering a Diverse Nuclear Future:
As an equal opportunities business, we value applications from all
backgrounds, cultures and abilities.