Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with budget holders in ensuring the business understands the financials to make good commercial decisions and drive down costs; Ensure shared understanding of cost drivers with budget holders and use this data to produce evidence based forecasts; Ensure accurate and timely consolidation of financial positions; support controls and governance to manage the resource provision. Maintain a suitable trail for budget delegations, spend limits, procurement considerations, segregation of duties, compliance with standards and governance requirements. Ensure financial information provided to managers is robust to enable them to make informed decisions. Double Entry Journals, book keeping and reconciliation to balance sheets. General Ledger, Oracle and Financial Systems, High level of IT skills (excel to intermediate level as a minimum).
• CCAB, or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in a senior finance role.
• Well-developed communication, presentation, relationship management influencing and negotiation skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
• A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
• High credibility with senior colleagues and stakeholders and the ability to influence decision making.
• The ability to analyse and communicate complex financial information in a clear and understandable way such as may be represented in a business case.
• Strategic and commercial skills gained from working in other specialist areas such as commercial, policy, IT, HR or delivery.
Valid Security Clearance (SC required)