The HVAC Plant Layout Engineer assists in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
– General layout engineering
– Request the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
– Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues.
o Lays out the various HVAC equipment.
o Design HVAC ducts in the 3D model.
o Carries out checks of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model.
– Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, handover reports, etc.).
– Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress monitoring and change management
– Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
– Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
– Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
The postholder should possess good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
They should have the ability to take a strategic view, manage a multiplicity of interfaces, summarise, be proactive, and meet commitments and deadlines.
They will be required to write clearly-expressed and well-presented reports and apply logical thinking.
• Qualified to engineering degree level and experience in one or more areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety
• Knowledge and experience of using PDMS
• Good knowledge of other 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project
• Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to identify continuous improvements
• Fluent in English – written & verbal
• Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
• Knowledge of how a PWR operate
• Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
Software & Tools:
• 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
• MS Office & Outlook