- Delivering technical fire safety projects in a range of high risk (and other) industries and within the commercial and residential sectors, ensuring they are completed on budget and to the client's satisfaction, including: conventional fire risk assessments and construction fire safety support for clients to RIBA stages 5 & 6.
- Reviewing Regulation 38 documentation and preparing compliance reports.
- Preparing fire strategy reports for a wide range of clients up to RIBA stage 4.
- Assessing the suitability or otherwise of external facades to comply with Building Regulations requirements.
- Assessing the hazards and risks of fire and its effects.
- Evaluating prevention and protective measures necessary to limit the likelihood and consequences of fire.
- Technically understanding the design, installation and maintenance requirements for life safety fire safety systems e.g. fire detection, suppression, emergency lighting, smoke control etc.
- Travelling to client sites throughout the UK and sometimes overseas to ensure that client needs are met.
- Developing and maintaining lasting relationships and or frameworks with clients.
- Understanding the commercial impact of all decisions and recognising opportunities for business development
- Hold the membership qualification (MIFireE) of The Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent.
- Confident in liaising with design teams, clients, local approving authorities, contractors, and other third parties as required.
- Detailed understanding/ knowledge of UK regulations and standards (e.g. ADB, BS9999, BS9991, RRFSO, PAS 79 etc.).
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes.
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and time management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills.