The Electrical Layout Engineer assists the building manager and layout team lead in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General Layout Engineering
o Requests the input data for the electrical layout engineering of the building (cable lists, equipment data, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency.
o Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout and solve multi-disciplinary layout issues:
o Lays out the various electrical equipment.
o Designs cable trays in the 3D model.
o Carries out checks of the consistency between input data (1D and 2D) and the 3D model.
o Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, handover reports, etc.).
o Coordinates layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules.
Progress monitoring and change management:
o Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams.
o Manages the list of input data to be used to perform the 3D design.
o Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points and risks.
o Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved).
o Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data.
• Degree qualified and experience in one or more areas of engineering: electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, piping engineering, process engineering
• Good knowledge of 2D and 3D design software (AutoCAD, Navisworks)
• Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project.
• Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Ability to identify continuous improvements
• Fluent in English – written & verbal
• Knowledge and experience of using PDMS
• Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects
• Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment
• French language skills – written & verbal
Software & Tools:
• MS Office & Outlook