Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an experienced cost estimator to be engaged on a contract basis in the Kent/East Sussex area.
Our client is looking to engage with candidates with a track record of working in the UK Nuclear and Defence sector and current security clearance will need to be held by all applicants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• You will be responsible for the delivery of risk-based investigation tasks and cost and schedule estimates for budget setting and approval purposes.
Your key duties will include:
• Production of independent cost and schedule estimates in support of programme, inclusive of the analysis of data, utilising various estimating methodologies, tools and techniques and writing of reports.
• Providing pricing and costing advice covering a variety of projects.
• Performance of maturity
• Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and wider key stakeholders to ensure product delivery including engaging with external Contractors.
• Assessment of Prime Contractor and Subcontractor bid proposals and provision of support to negotiation.
• Personal functional development through Awareness-Practitioner-Expert progression
• Lead the estimating process to ensure deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner;
• Oversee and/or interrogate design options and value solutions, and if appropriate, identify the attractiveness of a project based on sound estimating principles.
• Review customers drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costing sheets for materials, labour and equipment;
• Assess and manage risk and opportunity and support negotiations as part of the pricing process;
• Collate and review scope and tender documents and submission requirements in a timely way, ensuring all financial information is identified and provided and accurate compliant design proposals are included;
• Membership of a relevant professional body and/or a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE;
• Working knowledge of best practice solutions and optimisation of innovative ideas
• Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure;
• Utilising team inputs creates and tracks estimate maturity and performs uncertainty assessments.
• Works with cross functional Program Teams
• Performs "what if" scenarios for individual program management teams
• Ensures compliance with internal program procedures as well as PCS (Project Control Systems) guidelines