Westlakes Recruit are proud to be partnered with a global engineering and design firm, working closely with their nuclear division in the North. Due to extensive growth here in West Cumbria, they're looking for an experienced Waste Engineer to be engaged on a contract basis. Permanent candidates will also be considered. Our client has an extensive portfolio of work across the globe with operations based in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America.
The role will be based from our clients Whitehaven office delivering high hazard decommissioning operators as part of a multi-discipline team. You will be expected to support the rest of the team members outside this specific discipline where the need arises. There will also be potential opportunity for national and international travel for the right candidates.
Provide support to senior staff on areas of Radiological Waste Management in the following areas:
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies, developing submittals, and providing proposal text, diagrams, case studies, etc
- Understand and communicates Company processes and standards
- Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies
- Develop and implement characterisation strategies
- Produce sampling and analysis plans
- Assess analytical results
- Derive radionuclide Fingerprints
- Waste Sentencing
- Produce BAT assessments
- Provide input into the development of monitoring procedures to support characterisation and waste sentencing
- Produce waste management documentation
- Contribute to the development of bids and proposals through identifying strategies.
- Support other team members, sharing knowledge and experience.
- Use knowledge and experience to influence and improve project delivery.
- To assist successful delivery of projects, work to meet targets, work within budget and programme.
- Be customer focused, client liaison and communication.
- Work with projects and clients to help solve complex and challenging problems
- Liaise with Project Managers to deliver projects
- Practical Radiological Waste Management experience in the nuclear industry.
- An understanding of Radiological Protection requirements.
- An understanding of waste routing and acceptance criteria / conditions for acceptance for these routes (VLLW, Combustible, Metallic Waste Treatment, LLW, ILW and PCM).
- An understanding of waste packages available in the industry.
- Able to work in the field and interact well with delivery teams.
- Good standard of written English and the ability to write clear technical reports.
- Innovative and open to ideas.
- Flexible in approach, willing to travel to work on client sites.
- Highly motivated and proactive, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Interpersonal skills, able to build and develop relationships internally and externally.
£40 to £50 per hour dependent on experience and level of qualification. Permanent packages negotiable on an individual basis.