Typical responsibilities include:
* Working as part of a team to carry out hands on design for a variety of projects
* Use of technical analysis and design software packages
* Project managing projects to provide the day to day running of projects
* Liaison with architects, suppliers and contractors
* Attending and contributing to project meetings (internal and external)
* Working with the technician team to prepare and produce drawings
* Producing reports and correspondence
* Resolution of site queries
* Site inspections and surveys
* Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimum supervision
* Co-ordinating and liaising with engineers in other areas of the business in a variety of disciplines
* Facilitating and organising meetings and CPD training events to contribute to your own development and the development of others
* Representing Arup in links with local schools and universities We are looking for the following qualifications, skillsand attributes in you:
* Master’s degree qualified (2:1 or above preferred) in a relevant subject e.g MEng, or equivalent
* Chartered status or working towards chartered status through your chosen professional institution Essentialskills, knowledge and behaviours
* Have design and management experience in all areas of civil engineering including utility and drainage design, flood risk assessment, road pavement design and layout, highways layout design, earthworks design, and site procurement issues.
* Be up to date with the latest analysis and design software i.e Microdrainage, Autodesk and/ or Microstation, GIS.
* Experience of working in a similar consulting environment
* Excellent technical skills combined with practical understanding of site development and construction
* Have a good knowledge of a variety of codes, able to easily swap between codes and get to grips with new ones quickly.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a range of software programmes for design and modelling
* Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in your work
* A professional approach with both colleagues and clients