Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for a number of Change Management/Strategy and Transformation consultants to be engaged on a permanent basis within the UK nuclear sector .


You will be responsible for delivering advice on one or more strategy or business change projects, on several aspects associated with, but not limited to:


  • Corporate strategy and enterprise / portfolio management.
  • Business change programmes.
  • Operating Model design and transition planning.
  • Market and competitor analyses.
  • Strategic business improvement initiatives.
  • Business case development.
  • Procurement and supply chain advice.


Provision of advice will require a combination of support activities, to help clients make strategic and bold business moves, manage delivery of their major capital investments, and/or make incremental improvements in operational performance. Oversight and support will be provided by our Director of Strategy & Transformation. You will leverage your experience and knowledge of methodologies and evidence-based practices to analyse complex business risks and opportunities. The nature of the strategy and business advisory services means you will be required to analyse large volumes of data and information, to identify trends and themes, and to visualise both problems and solutions in clear and concise formats.


Other responsibilities of the role include:


  • Practice development: development of service propositions and gathering market intelligence.
  • Business development: building your internal and external network and client relationships; managing and preparing proposals.
  • Professional development: of yourself and others (a cohort of strategy and business change advisors).


Your target utilisation (service delivery) will be 70%. The remaining 30% will be split across practice, business and professional development. You will proactively self-manage your time.


Candidate ‘Fit’


This opportunity is well suited to a candidate who is looking to play a central role in the creation of a small cohort (dozen-ish persons) of strategy and business change advisors, working directly for (and being coached by) a Strategy & Business Transformation Director who has +30 years of experience in strategic business change on major programmes involving asset-intensive capital investments. This experience has come from multi-national engineering consultancies and a Big4 professional services firm.


The opportunity is also well suited to a candidate looking for greater autonomy and ownership of meaningful, interesting and challenging work, which contributes to big societal topics. If you wish to develop a career path in which high performance will be rewarded by building and running your own team, this role is suited to you


Experience & Skills


  • At least 5 years of post-graduate experience delivering strategy and / or business change advice.
  • Desired - candidate to come with a ‘well-used’ consulting tool bag, with no need to ‘read the instructions’ before use.
  • Experience of working in the nuclear industry (desired, not essential).
  • Strong analytical skills, including an ability to analyse and draw insight from large data sets.
  • A collaborator who can foster innovation and team working; and a natural communicator (written and verbal).
  • Professional curiosity, unafraid to embrace ambiguity; and open-mindedness by taking multiple perspectives.
  • Highly self-motivated / self-starter and organised in planning and delivery.




  • Required - A high class degree in engineering or a science discipline.
  • Desired - Other relevant qualifications (or working towards) e.g. Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Association for Project Management (APMP), an MBA in the field of behavioural or management sciences.



For more information on this role or to register your interest for future job updates, please get in touch!


We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role informally.


Why We’re Different:


Westlakes Recruit are a people solutions business that understands the complexities of nuclear and the importance of our clients’ mission critical objectives.


Smarter, faster, more agile – we have a laser focus on nuclear, with deep sectoral knowledge. We develop nuclear talent pools before you know you need them!


We do Nuclear. We only do Nuclear. We do all of Nuclear.


Powering a Diverse Nuclear Future:


As an equal opportunities business, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and abilities.


01900 829183


Speak to our team about your specific needs.    



Layout Engineer


Head of Technical Engineering


Interfaces Engineer


  • We do Nuclear. We only do Nuclear. We do all of Nuclear.