The primary focus of the Business Development Manager role will be to generate the new opportunity pipeline for the Decommissioning Business. This will be achieved through the development of exceptional relationships at all levels within the customer organisation and wider where required (e.g. potential suppliers and partners), in order to create customer satisfaction, loyalty and increased revenue opportunities.
• The primary area of accountability will be to identify and develop future business growth opportunities for the Business, while also assisting the Business Director in protecting existing revenues. This will be achieved through a consultative selling approach- working with customers to identify problems and issues within their business and developing solutions to meet those needs.
• To provide feedback to the Business Director & Business Winning Director on status of the opportunity pipeline within their area of accountability.
• Lead the development of Capture Plans and Gate Packs (Gate 0-3) for all major opportunities identified in the pipeline.
• To design, develop and implement the Customer Relationship strategy as agreed with the BD Director including:
o Customer satisfaction measures
o Services improvement initiatives
o Communications/ Stakeholder Management Plan.
• To act as the Customer Representative by understanding the customer satisfaction levels that are currently delivered and feeding information back to the wider business as appropriate.
• To develop and maintain the Business Stakeholder Management Plan.
• Acting as the focal point for customer and stakeholder management issues
• Ensuring a high and frequent level of contact with the customer
• To ensure accurate records are kept of all meetings / conversations with the customer and provide plans, forecasts, reports and information regarding customer needs, as required.
• Management of the account plan which provides details of near term opportunities and a 5 year plan, This document aims to provide a strategic roadmap with key milestones (short/medium/long) to monitor progress against. The account plan needs to be updated every 3 months to ensure up to date and accurate plan to follow.
• To take ownership of the pipeline opportunities as the develop from prospects to ITT’s. Ensure the Business Winning Process is adhered to and to provide Bid Support to the developing programme of works.
What else do I need to know?
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
• We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview