Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an Associate Director (commercial bias) with a background in major UK infrastructure projects to be engaged on a permanent basis in Bristol.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience of leading consultancy teams and should possess skills in the following areas:
• Highway-orientated Public Sector experience is essential
• Managing and delivering a Quantity Surveying consultancy services
• Embed high quality processes and tools to improve performance
• Contribute to business development and business growth
• Ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of talented individuals
• Experience of key client account management
• Hold a relevant construction qualification and be a professional member of a recognised professional institution i.e. RICS.
• Strong experience in both pre and post contract cost management services
• Provide leadership to the Quantity Surveying team to promote technical excellence
• Embedding a quality service to reduce costs, increase performance and improve client feedback metrics with the aim to secure repeat business
• Detailed knowledge of working within the Quantity Surveying and Consultancy Services market
• Supporting the development of career paths aligned to technical knowledge and experience.
• Oversee income and costs for the Quantity Surveying team.
• Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the business
• Ensure that a clear BD and Marketing Strategy, aligned to the Business Plan, is developed
• Act as the main Quantity Surveying focussed market-facing individual in the Southwest & Wales transport market
• Work closely with colleagues across all service lines to identify opportunities to cross-sell complementary Quantity Surveying services, Contract Management and P3M services
• Play a key role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities
• Developing new business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials.
Financial / Operational
• Develop the Quantity Surveying budgets and targets, and take responsibility for delivery of same
• Recruiting new team members to support continued growth
• Be a focal point and leadership figure for the Quantity Surveying team.
• Being a leader on improving service quality
• Management experience of successful project delivery from inception to handover.
• Ability to deal with Clients and/or within the business at a senior level – experience of client management and development
• Maintain service quality standards and promote a culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence.
• Provide guidance, leadership, mentoring and technical expertise to team members
• Take responsibility for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients