Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an experienced Associate Director with a background in Quantity Surveying to be engaged on a permanent basis.
Based in Leeds and reporting to the responsible Regional Sector Lead you will contribute to the business plan for the team. You will manage and plan resources, innovate and foster a collaborative, professional and positive working environment.
This role will also involve business development activity and inter-action with other offices in the region and the wider business. You will be specifically responsible for the delivery of major commissions and support the Regional Director in recruiting high calibre individuals that will deliver excellence to our clients. You will stimulate profitable growth for the team, act as a mentor to others and drive the performance of the business forward.
Reporting into the regional transportation lead and being a senior member of the regional transportation team, you will be responsible for building a long term, sustainable relationships with our most important local authority clients. You are expected to:
• Lead the account management team to maximise their impact
• Enhance the reputation of our business
• Increase our share of the client’s spend
• Access higher margin work
• Exploit opportunities for cross selling our full spectrum of services & locations
• Leading interfaces with design and engineering elements of our business
• Upskilling others and providing career growth opportunity
• Drive high levels of client satisfaction
• Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team having responsibility, under minimum supervision, delivering portfolios and projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
• Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
• Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability
• Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
• Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
• Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
• Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management
• Managing the client relationship and service delivery Team building and management:
• Creating and managing sector-focused teams
• Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management
Member (or working towards membership) of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent recognised institutional body
• Extensive NEC contract suite knowledge with accreditation preferable
• Lead business development and/or account management activities for highways or infrastructure clients.