Westlakes Recruit are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to be engaged on a contract basis in Whitehaven, Cumbria. Our client, a major engineering company, are looking for commercial candidates to bolster their nuclear division.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, your principle accountabilities are to:
- Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications and issuance of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contra charges
- Assist with cost analysis on the product to generate efficiencies / perceived value Issue variation orders on on-going developments
- Liaise with suppliers & manufacturers in relation to product development
- Assist in preparing tender documentation on new projects
- Delivery of project commercial reports
- Project Commercial administration and reporting
- Delivery of project internal and external commercial targets
- Subcontract administration and management
- Engagement with project stakeholders on commercial matters.
What you will need:
HNC /HND / Degree qualification in Surveying / Construction or equivalent, either in part or completed are desirable
Experience in NEC contracts
If you would like any further information on the role please get in touch!